Cookies and usage analysis software are used on our websites and apps. By analyzing this data, valuable insights into the needs of users can be gained. These insights help to further improve the quality of the offer. In principle, each retrieval includes:
- Types of data processed: Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
A merging of this data with other data sources will not be carried out.
The cookies used and the analysis services used can be selected by you via the cookie consent in accordance with the "IAB Transparency and Consent Framework" under Cookie Settings.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain data from visited websites or domains and are stored by a browser on the user's computer. A cookie is primarily used to store information about a user during or after their visit within an online offering. Stored information may include, for example, language settings on a website, login status, a shopping cart or where a video was watched. The term cookies also include other technologies that perform the same functions as cookies (e.g. when user details are stored using pseudonymous online identifiers, also known as "user IDs").
2. What are the different types of cookies?
The following cookie types and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the interests of users used for range measurement or marketing purposes can be stored in such a cookie.
- First-party cookies: First-party cookies are set by ourselves.
- Third-party cookies (also: third-party cookies): Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or absolutely necessary) cookies: Cookies may be absolutely necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user inputs or for security reasons).
In addition, you can receive further instructions on how to object in the context of the information on the service providers and cookies used.
Detailed information on the cookies and analysis services used and on the opt-out options, can be found on the cookie consent in accordance with the "IAB Transparency and Consent Framework" under Cookie Settings.
Storage duration of cookies: Cookies are stored on your computer for different amounts of time. Some cookies are "session cookies". Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie folder of your browser until you leave the website. Persistent cookies remain in the cookie folder of your browser for much longer (this period depends on the particular cookie). Cookies stored in the browser can be deleted via the settings of your browser, making them no longer available to applications.
In the event of significant changes, we will inform you and, if required by applicable law, we will seek your consent.